Here’s a few websites that publish short stories, run competitions, and this can sometimes lead to literary agents noticing your work.
- Cowboy Logic
- Creative Communications
- New Arrival Poetry: A contest for new poetry writers. See the site for details.
- New Arrival Story: A contest for new story writers. See the site for details.
- This Sentence Starts The Story: A contest where you must begin your story with the sentence provided. See the site for details.
- Poetry Imagery: Write a poem about the image provided in the announcement. See the site for details.
- Strong Character: Write a story that includes a strong central character. See the site for details.
- Poetry Contest: Write a poem that follows a specific format. See the site for details.
- Tell A Story: Choose one of the images provided and write a story or poem about it. See the site for details.
10. Graywolf Press
11. The Guild Forums
I could go on and on, but I won’t! Here’s the list of competitions and conferences that might help get you noticed. It is helpful because it states which competitions are not recommended, a good thing to know.
I wanted to add that some names of websites have been changed, for example The Golden Quill links to a site called Desert Rose.